8.28.2008

Worth Reading...

If you have time, check out this post. One of the things I love most about "blog world" is theway that it has opened my eyes and let me read so many people's stories- some are heart wrenching, some are hilarious, many of them I learn from, and others are just pure entertainment. One of my favorite parts of the day (can't wait to get our computer back!) is when I catch a moment of quiet and am able to open up my blog, look at the blog roll (on the right side) and see who has a new post! I get sooo excited! Some of the people are our closest friends, and some are complete strangers, but I love reading what is going on with all of them.
As you have read, we have had some behavior challenges lately with Elise, and I just felt like today's post on "Steece's Pieces" totally summed up how both David and I strive to handle those challenges, and the daily challenges of having three very small children. Her post has made me reflect a lot on how much having children does change everything (shows you what is really important), and how much I think I have changed in the past 3 years. She is SOOO right when she says that attitude is everything...and, although I am by no means perfect (or raising quadruplets like she is), thinking positively IS what has allowed us to not only survive, but enjoy the three wonderful blessings we have. Even after the exhausting day yesterday, which David so humorously recounted, when we were laying in bed trying to figure out what we are going to do with her (apparently the 12 time outs she got weren't working!), we had to laugh and smile when we thought about our sweet Elise and how much she has enriched our lives. Reading other peoples stories reminds me, on a daily basis, that for as many people that are out there that would hate to be in my position (the ones that give the looks she is talking about!), there are probably twice as many who would kill to be in my position- staying at home with 3 healthy children. Sadly, there are tons of other people out there that are never able to have children, still others that have had their time with their children cut short and other who's multiple pregnancies didn't go as well as mine did, and so when I think about those things, trying to figure out how to get pee out of a stupid sisal rug really doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
I guess my point is that I am feeling really thankful tonight...Thankful for so much, and for being so blessed, and thankful to Suz from Steece's Pieces, a complete stranger that I admire, for helping me keep it all in perspective! Her post came at the perfect time, and was the perfect reminder of what life is all about....

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

awwwww! amen, sista! great words and so encouraging to read--thank you for being a positive light in my world! your fam is beautiful!!!