8.31.2008

Evacuation

We have safely evacuated ourselves, our children, and our pets out of harm's way to our close friends' the Boerner's in Brookhaven, Mississippi. I guess you could call this our official hurricane hideaway. After allowing us to ride out Katrina here (with our then 6 week old Elise) they so graciously invited us to come back for Gustav. We had hotel reservations in Alabama, but after discussing our options, we decided that hanging out with them sounded like WAY more fun than hanging out in a hotel room with 3 kids, a dog, and a cat! Bax and Tiger are safely boarded at the nearby vet, and we are all enjoying our visit. Elise and Quinn are providing much entertainment and are great for keeping our minds off of the impending storm. Brad and Lissa are great hosts and are total troopers for putting up with the chaos that is now the Parnell family! Especially since Lissa is 8 weeks away from having their baby boy!
I have already taken lots of pictures and I will try to get a few up at some point. For now, we are just praying that the storm will not gain strength and that people in Louisiana and all along the gulf coast will stay safe. Please keep everyone in your prayers as well!

1 comment:

monique said...

I'm thinking about ya'll...I'm glad you are safe with the Boerner's and even managing to have a little fun! Obviously, if things take a turn for the worse, I'm preparing my place for the Parnell family---you have a definite spot here if you need it for the long term, just let me know. Love ya'll much! MO