11.18.2008

Learning...



My good friend Casey has one of the sweetest Moms you will ever meet. I love her! She recently replaced her sewing machine and she generously offered me her old one. I was so excited because I have been thinking about trying to sew for a while. She gave me a quick tutorial and showed me how to make this beginner dress (modeled by Elise above) using a t shirt and some fabric. I only had to call Suzanne once and my Mom once to come re-thread the bobbin for me (thanks guys!) and managed to finish up this little project without too much trouble. It is pretty obvious that it is "home-made", but I don't mind at all. Why? Because when I showed it to Elise, and told her that I made it for her, she immediately wanted to put it on and she was so proud of me! Made me feel sooooo good! That is enough to encourage me to keep practicing! Next, I need to make a matching dress for Lila...and then I am going to attempt some pants (no, not in this same flowery material) for Bennett. I have so much free time (haha) I needed another hobby!

On another note, quotable Elise had some more interesting stuff to say last night...We were playing trains and waiting for David to get home from work. Lila and Bennett kept moving the train tracks and taking them apart...I could tell E was very frustrated, but she was actually dealing with it rather well (or so I thought)....A few minutes later she said, "Mom, if we give Lila and Bennett to someone else, can we get a new baby? Lila and Bennett are an experience."

Finally, if you want to feel uplifted today, scroll down and read my update on the "Prayers are Working" post...Good news..prayers continue to work!

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's another way to express your creativity (in your spare time). Elise is so proud! When we went on our errands Monday, the cashier at the cleaners told Elise how she loved her dress. Elise replied "my mommy made it for me!"