11.05.2008

Prayers are working

Update 11/19-
Email from AC's sister, Memory:
**WOW...I have no idea where to begin...God is so amazing... Yesterday, AC went into surgery to fix what they could of the TTTS...there was a 1/100 chance her babies could have another RARE problem...and they did...Little Baby had no attachment to placenta other than what she shares with Big Sister. Separating all that connected them to fix TTTS would have ended Little Baby's life immediately. AC and Whitt chose to give Little Baby a chance, they want their girls. Dr. Quintero had only seen this case 12 times before. So he did Super Selective Laser surgery, and Little Baby now has one blood vessel connected to the placenta she shares with Big Sister. Big Sister had too many blood vessels causing strain on her heart, so he "took" some away (total lack of better term) from her. 24 hours pass, and we have 2 heartbeats, Little Baby's amniotic fluid has increased a bit, both dopplers are normal (which had been severly irregular), and no punctured membrane . Dr Quintero believes the babies are co dependent on each other, and had they lasered all vessels to save Big Sister, they would probably have no babies today. I praise God for the wisdom He gave both she and Whitt through their decision making process. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD???? Needless to say, this is a day by day pregnancy, but we are convinced we will see these Wilson girls in the near future...To see how God has brought them through thier first 18 weeks makes me excited for the plans He has for thier lives... I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD BE SO ATTACHED TO 18 WEEK OLD BABIES!!!!! Ready for some names so they can be other than Little baby and Big Sister!!! Dr Quintero says he learned a lot from this surgery, and thinks he may understand more now...Digest that for a minute...God has used Amy Catherine's girls to teach him something!!!! I am so blessed to have a sister who praises God in the midst of such a terrible confusing storm...She has never once asked why, but only asked for prayers, and as of today, we know God has blessed her greatly. Keep praying...day by day, it is working! Thanks...Memory**




**I am in Tampa and have been at the hospital all day running tests and meeting with the doc. I am so happy that I don't even know where to begin. First of all, I have several signs of TTTS but it is not severe enough to be diagnosed as TTTS. This is great news b/c there is a 30% chance that I will walk this fine line, but never actually be diagnosed with the problem. There is also a 30% chance that I will develop TTTS in the next few weeks and come back to Tampa for surgery. And there is a 30% chance the smaller baby will develop growth restriction. I will explain all of that later, but only if I have to. Right now we just need to continue to pray that we remain in the 30% chance that we are okay just the way we are. We still have some issues with the babies, but at this point all we have to do is monitor them weekly until birth. I have several praises right now 1) praise the Lord for healing these babies 2) praise the Lord for healthy babies 3) praise the Lord for a successful trip to Tampa. 4) Pray that God will continue to watch over these babies for the remainder of the pregnancy. Can you believe all of the miracles God has already blessed us with???? The power of prayer ........ and I have all of you to thank. God is good! We are planning on coming home tomorrow and I will probably see my high-risk OB on Monday. I will keep you posted.

Love, love, love,
ac**

Yeah! The prayers are being answered!!!
What blessings....

I will post later about how my friends and family made my birthday a special one yesterday.
Thanks to all of you!
Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there…..Prayers, thoughts and concern for you and your family! You have beautiful children. I am the nurse coordinator for the Fetal Center in Houston and have years of experience….with TTTS and all….please do not hesitate to email me(moise@bcm.edu) if you have further questions or concerns…You are in good hands in Tampa! Karen