11.13.2008

Sentimental

David found the following email this morning that I had sent out two years ago today to a few of my best college friends. He introduced it with, "Happy anniversary, of sorts.."

**Ok ya'll. I got some big news yesterday.
I won't beat around the bush. I am pregnant with TWINS!!!!!!!!
I have been really, really, sick and the dr wanted to check me for dehydration and then they ended up doing an ultra sound where they found the culprits!!! I had only recently found out I was pregnant, so we were still getting used to that!!! I am 7.5 weeks along, and there were two heartbeats in two separate sacks, so that is a good sign that the babies (can you believe it??) are doing well. We, of course, feel really blessed and thankful, and admittedly a little overwhelmed...But, I know everything happens for a reason....Just wanted to share our exciting news...Love, Nicole**

I've been thinking about that time two years ago all day long. It is funny, you forget so much about when you are pregnant and about those first few months (especially the bad things), and sometimes it takes something like this to bring it all rushing back...I honestly can remember these days two years ago like they were yesterday! I have never felt so many emotions all at once in my life. But, each time I look back I am overwhelmed with gratitude and am truly humbled by how blessed we were, and continue to be, by our two little monkeys that make us smile every day.

Just this week Bennett has started saying "Lila"...and when one walks out of a room and then back in the other one greets him or her like they haven't seen them in ages! Lila is calling Bennett "BB" or something to that effect, and they are starting to do a little of the "twin talk" that I have heard so much about! Don't get me wrong...this is often in between a wrestling match or a biting war, but the love is there! They both are starting to say "Lise" for Elise...and when I get my keys out they say "car, car and bye, bye"...They are changing so much and doing more and more each day...
I really love this age....

So pretty much my line in the email-- "we , of course, feel very blessed and thankful, and admittedly a little overwhelmed..." -- is still the same way that I feel today...Not ALL that much has changed in the past two years! :)

While I am being sentimental, I'll pass on some pictures...We finally had the "one year" and "three year" pictures taken of the kids that we had paid for long ago...I kept pushing it back waiting for Bennett to walk! I am so glad we waited..I feel like she was really able to capture their personalities...
www.bentzphotography.com/parnell

3 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

Oh how I remember that day...LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY!!!! Yall are so lucky to have those little munchkins! Pure entertainment!

Lori said...

the slideshow is absolutely precious. your family is so blessed.

NIKKI said...

Beautiful pics!
What great memory to have flooded back!!