11.05.2008

Thankful

Thanks to my family and friends I had a great birthday yesterday! I was lucky to spend time with both on my "big" day...Aunt K came over and watched Lila and Bennett so that Elise and I could go vote. She was so excited to help me push the buttons! It was a fun little outing....After that, we loaded everyone up into the car and headed to New Orleans to visit Grandpa and Virginia...







I wish that we could see them more often...the kids love playing with them, and the look on Grandpa's face when he sees them is so touching. He loves to hold "his babies", as he calls them...I don't know if it is that he is a twin himself, or what, but you can definitely tell he feels very sentimental when we are around...I am definitely going to make an effort to get over there at LEAST once a month with the kids...

Last night, my night was topped off with a great sushi dinner with a small group of my closest friends. Thanks to Suzanne for organizing such a fun night out! I was so thankful that we all got to spend a little time together hanging out! And, I LOVE sushi! What a treat!


I am also so grateful for all of the emails and cards, and all of the people that remembered that it was my birthday...So sweet and really means so much! I felt very loved yesterday, and that is a GREAT feeling!
David is taking me out on Friday night, so I must admit I am glad I get to drag out the celebration for a few more days... :)
Too bad birthdays can't come more often! (Although without the aging process??)

Feeling very, very thankful as I turn 32!
Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a great picture of Elise and her great grandfather!