5.28.2008

Big Night for Elise...



Those of you who know me well would not be surprised to find out that as soon as we found out that we had another baby (little did we know babies - plural) on the way, I started work on Elise's "big girl" room. Because we did not find out her sex and didn't plan on finding out the sex in future pregnancies we had a very tiny and cute little neutral nursery, which in my grand plan would have remained, and been the nursery for all of our children. That went out the window with the news of two on the way, but anyway, I digress. So, back to my point. We got Elise's big girl room all ready and made a big deal of her move down the hall WAY before the babies got here, in order to make sure she didn't feel "kicked out" of her old room. We are lucky enough to have David's Grandmother's old bedroom set, which is perfect for a little girl's room. Since she was not ready to get out of her crib yet, a sweet friend let me borrow one (thanks Casey!) and we set that up in her new room. We, of course, figured the crib thing to be very short lived. Especially since she would be staring out of her crib at her big girl bed....but, until very recently she has been quite content to stay in the crib.
Tonight, that chapter is closing!! Because of her increased interest, and our desire to get rid of the pacifier that she was still clinging to (although only allowed in the crib - for nap and nighttime), we set up the bed rails and she made the move tonight!
In the above picture you can see my little tiny "big" girl...getting ready for bed. I swear it looks like a king sized bed or something, when it is only a full!




She is so excited!! Never even talked about her baboose- that is her funny name for her pacifier. We never figured out where that one came from.



Her Dad kissing her good night...

We are so proud of her!! Let's just hope we are still feeling that way tomorrow morning....
Good night everyone!
Love, Nicole







This picture has nothing to do with my post. But I couldn't resist little Bennett in his LSU hat.
My little man....

3 comments:

NIKKI said...

YEah Elise-- Sleep tight little one!

They do look so tiny in their "big" girl beds!

monique said...

I kind of saw this coming...when I was in town, we took a fake nap in the big bed in the green room at SuSu's house...I thought she was enjoying it because she was spending alone time with her favorite Aunt Mo but now I'm thinking it was really all about the "big bed"...but of course, I will just keep pretending that I'm special :)...

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

wow, let us know how she did...can't believe how small she looks in that big bed, though!!