5.11.2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

Today was a very special day for me...
I am often overwhelmed with how blessed I am and today was one of those days.
David and Elise worked very hard together to make sure that everything was perfect! (Don't worry Lila and Bennett, I know next year you'll be right there with them!)
I am so glad that David documented their morning, as I was instructed to stay in bed...
Inspired by the book "A Special Day for Mommy" that they found on a trip to Barnes and Nobles a while back, the day started with me being served cereal in bed, while wearing my special "Mommy" crown (pink, of course, with sparkly letters!). After I ate my cereal, Elise held my hand and guided me into the kitchen where I had heart shaped jam and butter sandwiches, flowers picked from the yard, and a beautiful homemade card waiting...
Below you can see Elise working on the card...it was very elaborate and I was very impressed with David's craft skills!


Elise cutting out the heart shaped sandwiches...


Elise adding such a sweet touch, a toilet paper bow, to my flowers...


All of my loot- Elise's "to do" list, the book that provided the inspiration for my morning, my handmade card entitled I love you everyday of the week, the handpicked fresh flowers, and the copy of the order for a "pair" of shoes I had been eyeing (thanks for the hint Aunt Mo) from my "pair"- Lila and Bennett....(the shoes didn't make it here in time, but what a great thought!)


After we ate breakfast we headed off to church....After church we came home so that the babies could catch their morning nap and then we went over to my parents house for a late lunch. David grilled for everyone and it was delicious! He even made blueberry AND apple pie!
Below you can see the babies watching their Dad cook....



Taking a rest after his long, productive day....


I am so, so thankful on this day...Not only for the three beautiful children I have been blessed with, but for their wonderful Dad. I love so much how he spent so much time with Elise creating just the perfect present- and how it was less about something he just went out and bought, and more about treating me like a Queen today. I love that she is learning from him about what is really important, and I loved seeing how proud she was of the work they had done together. So, I am especially thankful for David, today and everyday, because his support and dedication to our family are what enable me to try everyday to be the best Mom I can be to our children. He always makes me feel like the "job" that I take so seriously (but don't get paid for!!) is as important to him as it is to me...
So, thank you to his Mom on this Mother's Day for the gift of him....And to my Mom, thanks for being the best role model I could have asked for. I hope I can be half the Mom to our children that you are to us.

I also want to say a special Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends with children, and especially those whose babies are still growing inside of them (Suzanne, Aimee, Currey and Theresa)..you have so much to look forward to!!


Happy Mother's Day...
Love, Nicole

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole - your blog today made me smile. Great job to David and Elise on creating the best day I imagine a mother could ever ask for. Keeping up with you, David, Elise and the twins via your blog makes me so excited to be a soon to be mom.
- Theresa

monique said...

Sounds perfect! Wish I could've been there for the grill out but I was thinking of all of you---you certainly deserved your special day! I know Elise, Lila and Bennett feel very blessed to have you as their mom...love ya'll! MO

Susan said...

What a great day for you and for Elise! Elise was so happy giving of herself to make your day special! Next year should really be interesting with 3 under 3 preparing breakfast and doing art work!

Anonymous said...

I loved this update. Too sweet. And I love the new blog! It looks great. I hope you all are well.
Miss you!
xoxo,
Therese