5.01.2008

The Trailhead

Our babies are 11 months today- I really can't believe it...I will post more about that later!
I am going to attempt to get a picture of them together.....

We had such a fun time this morning...We met our usual playgroup- The Barrois and The Kitchens- at the Trailhead fountains....We rarely made it there last summer (for obvious reasons), but the summer before when Elise was first walking she absolutely loved it! So, I was really excited to be able to take everyone. It is one of those outings that has the best of everything...the kids get to play and use up energy, they get to spend time together playing outside, and, best of all, it is free!!
Elise has been full of one-liners lately and today was no exception. On the way there I noticed that Bennett fell asleep (I'm a bad Mommy and let them skip their morning nap) and I looked in my rearview mirror to see what the girls were up to. I said, "Elise, what is Lila doing?"...she looked at me with all seriousness and said, "She's just chillin'."!!!! I am guessing her Dad must have taught her this- it was extremely funny at that moment!!!!!!!

Our two girls exploring the fountains...



Bennett had a great time! He lasted much longer in the water than Lila...



Our little lady...



Lila and Camille in the infamous corral....This thing is my lifesaver! I love it!!



On the way home I called my Mom to see how she was feeling (she has a bad cold)...After I got off the phone Elise wanted to know who I was talking to. (side note: I spend most of my time these days explaining myself to a 2 1/2 year old. What I am doing, Why I am doing it, etc...)
So I said "Su Su". Elise's reply, "You were talking to my grandmother? (smile) "Isn't my grandmother THE BEST??"
She cracks me up.
Words cannot describe how much children enrich your lives...
I'll leave it at that as I am a little emotional today with the twins impending first birthday...I don't want to get carried away!

Love, Nicole

1 comment:

monique said...

this is my favorite entry! I LOVE bennett in a bathing suit! What a cutie pie! Of course, they are ALL cutie pies!!! Sounds like a fun day...oh, and she does have the best grandmother :). love ya'll! MO