5.28.2008

Prayer Request

I rarely post about things other than my children, but I just feel that it is very important today to ask anyone who reads this to please pray for the Smith Family. I do not know this family at all in the usual sense of the word. I have been following their story on their blog - Bring the Rain. You can access it from the side of my blog. Angie is a very inspiring person and through tons of loss she remains dedicated to God. She is a very gifted writer and the way she tells her story, along with the elements of the story, have kept me intrigued for months. I don't think that it is an "accident" that I found this blog. They lost their daughter Audrey less than 2 months ago and now they have lost their 2 month old nephew as well (to what looks like SIDS). It is overwhelming to me how much they have been through. Please, please, add them to your prayer lists tonight.
The thought of anything happening to one of my children brings immediate tears to my eyes, and so I don't even think I can begin to imagine a fraction of their pain. It is hard to feel powerless in these types of situations, but the only way that I, or any of us, can help is to pray.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Love, Nicole

1 comment:

NIKKI said...

Oh no... I haven't read it in a while.... so sad...I can't believe they are going through this!