5.06.2008

Going to Grandpa's house




We took a trip to the southshore today to visit Grandpa and Virginia. Aunt Kathleen and my second cousin Garrett came along for the ride... For those of you that don't know, Grandpa Roland is my Dad's Dad, and he has been married to Virginia for about 14 years - I am so glad he met her. After my Grandmother died I always worried about him. But, Virginia takes care of him!! He turned 90 last December and is still going strong- including cutting his own grass- with a PUSH mower!! His real name is Laurent Alcee Legendre (can we say CAJUN?!) and that is where Elise's middle name comes from. He has a TWIN sister, Laura... One of the "sets" in my family... (glad I got one too! :))

Roland is his nickname and since I call both of my Grandpa's "Grandpa", Elise distinguishes between the two by calling him "Rollin' Grandpa"...it cracks me up!! She also called my poor cousin Garrett "Carrot" all day, but he didn't seem to mind. They had a great time playing!






1 comment:

monique said...

I love these pics!