6.26.2008

The Music You Hear is Not in Your Head

If you haven't already heard the Jeff Healey Band kicking up Angel Eyes, you will in a second. I added a music feature to the blog for people who may want to read with some background noise. It is located at the far bottom of the page if you want to scroll to another song. Angel Eyes is a song that I have always loved and felt very appropriate for how I feel about Nicole. We danced to it at our wedding. Yes, it was prominenly featured in the american movie classic Roadhouse, but that only adds to the romance, right? I put about 15 songs on the list. Some are Elise and my songs, like Jack Johnson's better together, which she and i played every day for 3 months when she would look at photos of herself on the computer. she loved the music and Jack's relaxing voice.
A few others on there are by Colin Hay (one of my recent favorite singers and writers), Nick Drake (you will recognize who he is when you hear Northern Sky), and Coldplay (obviously a great band and well written songs like Green Eyes, again a song more about me and Nic). I also put some songs about being parents or spouses that in some way sum up random feelings I have about our Nic and the kids (Cinderella, Stay, There Goes My Life, In My Daughters Eyes). Two are admittedly stolen from the blog Bring the Rain, including the title song to that blog as well as All That I Can Say. There is nothing I can say to properly explain the inspiration you will get from reading about the strength and faith of the family on that blog. A few others are just songs we like, like Gravity by John Mayer (me), Waiting For My Real Life to Begin (me), and Prayer for Time (Nic).
If it is totally annoying let me know.

No comments: