6.23.2008

Weekend Recap

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Elise had two birthday parties this weekend! The girl gets invited to more functions than I do! Saturday morning we celebrated Lilly Kate's 3rd birthday. They are friends from mother's day out and also do soccertots together. The party was adorable. It was a safari theme, and Lilly Kate's parents did a great job of creating an actual "safari"- complete with balloon animals and animal sounds- for the kids. They also had a HUGE blow up jumper, which is always a success. Many of the girls, though, were obsessed with Lilly's Barbie jeep. For about the first two hours, things went very smoothly...everyone was sharing well and taking turns driving....

Elise and Ella on a "jungle cruise"...

Jill, Lilly's Mom, even had toilet paper rolls made into binoculars that they got to decorate and then use to look at the animals...Above you can see Elise birdwatching...
After the two hours of sharing, the heat, fatigue, and crash from the sugar high (I REALLY am not making excuses for what you about to see, but I swear my child is not usually like this---you'll see) started to kick in. I am not exactly sure what set her off, but Elise totally collapsed! All we know is that one minute Elise and Amelia were sharing perfectly fine and the next minute they were both crying...Luckily Nikki, Amelia's Mom (AND professional photographer) was there to capture them in all of their glory....
Above they are in their side by side time outs. All we could do was laugh, because really, what is the alternative....Let's just say we headed home shortly after this!!
Sunday we went to a pool party to celebrate another classmate, Harrison's, 3rd birthday as well! I went alone with Elise and so I wasn't able to take pictures because I was watching her in the pool. It was another great party! Luckily, all of us Mom's get along great, so I don't mind carting Elise around to all of her social events. It is lots of fun....(well, for the most part!)


In Lila and Bennett's world, they have been loving playing with the play kitchen. Elise really does a great job of sharing with them.....Here they are cooking dinner last night! HA!

Their most favorite toys right now are these adorable cloth balls they got for their birthday. As usual, I found them on Etsy, my favorite source, and they play with them constantly...I love how they are cute to look at as well! I am telling you, it is the simple things that make them happy!

2 comments:

monique said...

I love the meltdown (although I'm sure it wasn't fun for you)! Sometimes, I think I would feel much better if I could throw myself on the floor and scream :)...ha ha!

Also, those balls from etsy are ADORABLE. I might have to snag that idea for a gift. love ya'll!
MO

Anonymous said...

The meltdown is a familiar scene...but she is still adorable in that picture.