7.25.2008

I'm a Lover, Not a Fighter



Although I have spent most of my week breaking up fights (I now understand why many twin moms have two of everything!), I have also been lucky enough to witness lots of cute little things, like Lila and Bennett playing peek-a-boo together on their own, and attempting to give each other kisses (so sweet!). I guess Lila is trying to prove that she does have a softer side, and does love her brother- even though she very much enjoys beating him up!! I am working on catching some kisses with my camera, but for now all I can show you is the one above where she is about to give him a "love tap"!

As we were getting ready yesterday, Elise requested a pony-tail and a braid...and you can see below what I came up with. It is tons and tons of fun for me to play with her hair and come up with new ways to fix it- she is like my living doll! I guess we girls are never too old for dolls...
The hairstyle was such a hit she is wearing it this way again today.



Elise and I went grocery shopping together last night and I had forgotten what it is like to just have one child, and to get to spend time with just her! We had such a good time- I never thought I would be saying that about time spent at Wal-Mart!! It was a little confirmation for me that I am doing the right thing by sending the kids to school on alternating days this year. I am so looking forward to having more time to spend one on one with each child...I often feel like I do not give each of them enough of me...



We always talk about how strong Bennett is, but here is a little proof. Yesterday afternoon he was pushing Elise around in the mail cart-- like it was nothing!! He is our little Superman- baby gates and other obstacles are no match for his super human strength!!



Couldn't leave out little Lila...She is getting better and better with her walking...now, if we could just get Bennett motivated...



Happy Friday everyone!
Love, Nicole

**So funny, I had to add (so I can remember this later)...Elise was singing in the car a few minutes ago, and according to her I have the words to Farmer in the Dell all wrong! Her version goes:
"The farmer in the Yell, The farmer in the Yell...
I know the Ariel, the farmer in the Yell"

3 comments:

monique said...

SO cute!!!! I love Elise's hair-I can't believe how long it is getting. And, her t-shirt was so cute too---I really do miss all of them tons...I'm counting down the days till the beach. We'll have lots of quality time there!!! love ya'll, MO

NIKKI said...

All cute pics. I loved her hair that way!!!

Anonymous said...

Elise really is the spitting image of her momma!