7.01.2008

Sick Days...

Elise started running a fever last night and I am not feeling so hot myself, so we stayed in again today. I was so thrilled that my sweet Aunt K came over this morning and helped me out for a few hours. She is the biggest blessing- she has been a constant helper since Lila and Bennett were born, and all three of the kids ADORE her. I had an added bonus today because my cousin, Jane, was in town and she surprised me by coming as well. Needless to say the kids were thrilled because there were enough arms for everyone to be held! They love that...And, I was lucky enough to steal a little nap while the babies slept and they tended to Elise...How lucky am I?
Even with everyone not feeling 100%, we still managed to have some fun today...



This is what happens when you have two sisters! Bennett the "fairy"! HA! (I guess Angel sounds a little better....)



This is the new furniture arrangement in our den. The chairs had become a serious infatuation and we were worried someone was going to get hurt...



Poor sweet Elise....You can just tell by looking at her that she doesn't feel well...(I know, I am bad, I gave in and gave her the pacifier...I just didn't have the energy today!)



So, as you can see, Lila just decided that the chairs looked like even MORE fun turned over!!!!!!
I think I am seeing some more gate purchasing in our future.....
Elise never thought of these types of things. It is crazy how much more daring they are- ESPECIALLY Lila...she was trying to stand on the window sills today as well. She is a wild women!!




My Aunt brought over these neat pictures today and I thought Mo would want to see...The one above is of my Dad (I see a little Bennett- I must admit...I was so surprised because I always thought he was ALL David) and his brother...As you can tell, my Uncle Bill was 15 years older than my Dad...They were extremely close and I remember him being so much fun, as well as the biggest teaser! He loved to tease me because I believed everything he said!!



These are my Dad's parents... Laurent (hence Elise Laurent) and Myrtle....How cool is this picture? I STILL miss my grandmother sometimes...even though she has been gone a long time...I really remember her. My Aunt thinks this is where Lila gets all of her SPUNK from! I do remember that about Grandma- she was feisty as well!

Anyway, I think this post has been long enough...I am off to bed!
Love, Nicole

2 comments:

monique said...

thanks so much for sharing those! I do see some of dad in bennett too---I think lila and I both get our "spunk" from grandma myrtle--a bit of that and a bit of being the middle child!

I love those pictures and I'm so glad that you got to see Jane...I'm looking forward to seeing her again at Jared's wedding...

I'm sorry that ya'll are sick over there---take care of yourselves and get well soon! We only have a month until the beach!

Susan said...

I hope Elise is feeling better and will be back to face painting soon!
and....yep, you always need to keep an eye on "the middle child"!
ha, ha