7.08.2008

Sweet Aunt Kathleen



There really aren't enough words to describe what a blessing my Aunt Kathleen is. I know that I have mentioned her in previous posts, but I don't think I have really given her the time she deserves. Most Tuesdays she comes over for a couple of hours in the morning to see the kids and to help me out. She has done this for months and months and we have all gotten so, so attached to her and to her visits. As you can see in the above picture, they love her! Alot of times I am just able to get some much needed chores done around the house or laundry put away while she is keeping an eye on all of the "little monkeys" (which she likes to call them!). Other days I will run quick errands during Lila and Bennett's nap while she holds down the fort! She is such a petite lady it is really humorous to watch her try to hold the babies. They are literally almost as big as she is!! Most importantly, she brings a calm into the house when she is here and I absolutely love it...She is a woman of amazing faith and I have loved learning more and more about how her faith grew- she is a wonderful role model and someone that I really, really look up to. She has been my constant cheerleader, always telling me that I am a wonderful mother, even on days when I feel like I can't do anything right. I really believe that she has been my special living Angel over the past year, which, although it has been filled with the greatest blessings, has also been quite overwhelming at times. The reason I am writing this is because I want the children to always be reminded of her and the time and love she gave to them during this time which they probably won't really be able to remember...
We love you Aunt Kathleen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have her!!! She is wonderful!!! and what a good role model.
ADORABLE picture.

SUZ

Susan said...

So so true - I couldn't have said it better. I love that picture. I would love to know her secret of how she got all three monkeys to be still at the same time!

monique said...

Such a sweet picture! I'm so glad that you have this special time with Aunt Kathleen--what a blessing! Miss ya'll, MO