7.26.2008

Laid Back Saturday



This is one of those weekends where we have absolutely nothing planned...It seems to always happen like that...We either have several things planned (usually a birthday party or two) or we have nothing at all going on....I have to admit it is kind of nice to just all hang out and spend time together without having to get ready to "be" somewhere...
As we were playing this morning, I stepped away to change Lila's diaper, and within seconds could not find Bennett...Well, as I am sure you have figured out by now, I found him nice and happy (and EXTREMELY proud) up on top of the kids' table! I really, really, really, really, cannot leave them unsupervised at all. I have to watch their every move...I also really can't figure out how he got up there so fast? Maybe he has more superpowers than I originally thought?
I guess I told a little fib, because David did have a tennis match this morning...so, technically we did have one thing scheduled...It was at the neighborhood tennis courts, so after L & B's morning nap I loaded all three into the wagon for a walk down there....
Apparently I brought bad luck with me, because David and his partner were "smoking" the competition in the first set, then when we arrived they lost the second set and the tie break. Whoops. Guess it is a good thing I don't make it to many of his matches....



Elise watching her Dad play...She was very proud...



We found the one square foot of shade and parked ourselves in it...It was still extremely hot, but at least the kids weren't baking in the sun!



Elise looks like such a little girl in this picture...I can't get over how big she is getting...3 is a whole new world, I guess....
Needless to say, after all the time outside and a yummy lunch, everyone (including David) was very tired....And, how nice, that about that time it started to rain...Nothing better than a nap on a rainy day....
So, I think I may go join them....

1 comment:

monique said...

they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute...I miss them so much! Only like 2 weeks till the beach!!!! (oh no, that also means 2 weeks until a bathing suit--yikes). Love ya'll, Aunt MO